Monday, January 19, 2009

Semester numero 8

Well, now that my 8th semester is underway I am feeling the stress levels rise. I am taking awesome classes, not necessarily hard but SO time consuming.

I spent 5 hours alone working on my graphic design project today. Pretty sure overall I spent 14 hours on that sucker. It's a real beaut though.

Book Arts is awesome! I love it. Our teacher is hilarious... direct quote Last Thursday... "well I teach primary. I hate it. Sharing time is so boring! I'm trying to get fired from God." This Tuesday... "well I got fired from primary! Now I teach Gospel Doctrine." It's a party every time.

I'm working for i-Comm for the 4th semester in a row. I love it. So much work, but it's rewording. I get to see the lights come on; students understand what PR really is and what you do as a PR practitioner. I worked previously as an Account Executive and worked directly with the students teaching them, managing clients and producing work. This semester I am the Project Manager for the agency. I do mostly office management, quality control and managing our agency's intranet. It's a little different than what I am used to but it's been a great learning experience.

This summer I plan on returning to Indiana and interning for Midwest ISO again. I worked there last semester and it was such a great experience. It was defiantly not what I was expecting. It was so much better! I did real work, meaningful work for the company. I was able to redesign the recruiting material, organize office Olympics, and so many other great things.

No comments: