Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lead, Follow or get out of my way.

So tonight I went over to my friend Emily's house, we laughed, we reminisced and of course took the color personality test. Several years ago at girls camp Emily and I had a leader that was OBSESSED with the color personality test. It was doctrine to her. So she made all of the Youth Leaders take it. 

Yellow-Blue. Let me just share with you some of the traits of a yellow-blue: 'They can be footloose and carefree one minute, then suddenly turn very serious the next."  That was me. All play all day and then... oh crap my homework isn't done and I need an A.

Tonight I retook the test Yellow-Red. I was mortified half way through the test I realized that almost every answer I had chosen was for a 'red' personality. 'strong-willed, independent, assertive, aggressive' WHAT?! Me a Red. How did this happen? Emily and I used to make fun of people that were 'RED' and now suddenly I've become one? The rest of the night I was laughing because I would say or do something and then go oh. my. gosh. I am a red. I am. What has happened. Emily just laughed. 

Red-Yellow: The Red dynamically direct your life, while the Yellow charismatically invites others to enjoy your friendship. 

So if I see you around I might ask you directly and assertively to be a part of my life, but I promise you'll enjoy the ride. 


No comments: