Monday, May 18, 2009

I <3 my internship :)

What is not to love about working in a creative atmosphere all summer?! I get to play with the Abode Suite, Plan Office Olympics, and even set up Scavenger Hunts.

Day 1: As a matter of fact, today while helping set up said scavenger hunt, I went with the other Comm Intern, Intern Sarah, to YATS in Broad Ripple. LOVE Yats. Anywho. I'm there I've already eaten lunch and thinking gosh this smells as good as a piece of chocolate cake to a fat kid! Do I get some to take home for dinner? Nah. I'll just go back for lunch sometime this week. Ok back to the real story. I walk up to the counter ask the man if it would be ok if we had people from work come and get Mardi Gras beads as one of their items. He politely says 'yes'. The man standing behind him looks me up and down and says 'oh honey, I can get you more than beads!'. I smile awkwardly and say 'oh thats ok, thanks though' and walk away.
It's shaping up to be a great summer. I can't wait for the adventures to begin. Especially when the other interns come in a couple of weeks.

No comments: